Progress on peer review process confirmed by ENSREG. Discussion on progress and tasks of ENSREG Working Groups took place. Consolidated Work Programme for 2012-13 endorsed (following silence procedure). Exchange of views on off-site emergency preparedness.
The Chairman summarised the work done within the Peer review exercise and informed that at the next ENSREG meeting in April 2012 the report produced by the Peer Review Board should be endorsed. He mentioned the following issues to be dealt with: date of second public meeting on Stress Tests; format of the Report of Peer review Board; national public seminars related to stress tests issues.
A decision on the adoption of the consolidated Work Programme of ENSREG for 2012-13 was taken following a silent procedure.
A short exchange of views on the the Initiative for the EU harmonisation of off-site emergency preparedness took place. Several Members mentioned that this is a complex issue and a Task Force should be created.
ENSREG was informed of and took several decisions related to the progress made by its three Working Groups:
- The Working Group on Nuclear Safety progressed towards fulfilling its Work Programme tasks on the implementation of the Nuclear Safety Directive. ENSREG noted the ongoing work program for the draft ENSREG guidelines for MS Reports under Article 9.1.;
- The Working Group on Waste Management reported on progress made since the last meeting. The Chair of WG2 was asked to look into several issues proposed for endorsement for the next ENSREG meeting concerning:
- Implementing Management Systems according to the Waste Directive;
- Guidance for Self-assessment and Peer-review under Article 14 of the Waste Directive;
- Format of and Guidance for MS Reports under Waste Directive.
- The Working Group on Transparency reported on the following issues, inter alia: development of the ENSREG website; organization of a 2nd edition of Nuclear Safety Conference.
The tasks of some of the subgroups of the Working Groups were reduced.
The Chairman, Mr. Andrej Stritar, asked to start the procedure on finding his successor as from July 2012.
The statement is available in the attached PDF file.